
For my 50th blog post I want to write a bit about myself, my journey so far and why consistency is everything. I got into working out at 16 years old because I wanted to be strong, athletic and the physical specimen of a man, I performed body weight exercises at home focusing on full body training . Then from the ages 17 to 19 I trained at my local gym where I used a combination of machines and free weights. Despite going to nearly 20 gyms in that time and very regularly I became disillusioned with going to the gym for many reasons but I never stopped training at home and in outdoor areas that had pull up bars and other sort of equipment or just free space. After the age of 19 I focused on body weight exercises as well as free weight training at home with some cardio in between. My advice is never listen to people who say that you have to go to a gym to build muscle or lose weight.
As long as you stay consistent and eat the right food you will always progress in building muscle or losing weight. You don't need equipment. If it makes you feel happy or big or strong to lift heavy weights whether to show off, go for records or damage your bones and ligaments (leaving you with injuries that may never heal later on), then that's great for you but that does not mean you will build more muscle than someone performing body weight exercises or using lighter weights. I would not be at the physical state I am in now had I not stayed consistent with my workouts and diet plans and trained right.
It has taken me years to achieve a resting heart rate in the 40s (beats per minute) and the truth is there are no shortcuts just consistency, I've had many ups and downs in my life but I never lost sight of my goal. Fitness was and always will be a place I can go to where it makes me feel good and gives me a purpose all the time.
Tip: Ignore anyone who tells you that you can't do it or undermines your body type, background or the situation you are in, no one is better than you. Wherever you are, you can always reach your goals as long as you stay consistent. Exercise allows you to constantly feel better with every workout and every time you eat right brings you closer to where you want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment